The Big Cheese Companion Lesson: Humility and Sportsmanship Counseling Lesson
The Big Cheese Companion Lesson - This companion lesson is perfect for your humility or sportsmanship counseling lessons! Discuss key lessons from the story and then review what it means to show humility. Students practice identifying humility in action and then discuss how they can be good sports in tough situations. Build empathy, humility, and sportsmanship with this activity!
- Detailed, scripted lesson plan (BW and color)
- Slides for story discussion (PPT file; you can open a PPT in Google Slides - color only)
- Slides for movement break with animated gifs! (PPT file; you can open a PPT in Google Slides - color only)
- Slides for humility review activity (PPT file; you can open a PPT in Google Slides - color only)
- Small group discussion prompt cards (color and BW)
- Student self reflection handout (color and BW)
Q: Do I need extra materials?
A: You'll need the book The Big Cheese by Jory John and pencils.
Q: How long will this take?
A: I did this in a 40-minute block. All students are different.
Q: Can I use this in small groups?
Q: Can I use this with individuals?
A: You bet!
Please note: This is a digitally downloadable resource. You will not receive anything in the mail.