Affirmations Fall Counseling Activity: Self Talk Lesson Plan for Counseling
Affirmations Fall Counseling Lesson - This pumpkin fall-themed classroom counseling lesson plan will help students in grades 2-3 create and practice using affirmations for positive self-talk! Read the included story to see examples of positive affirmation in action, take a quick fall movement break, make a reinforcing anchor chart, and create a beautiful take-home craft for students!
- Detailed, scripted lesson plan (BW and color)
- Slides for story read-along and movement break with animated gifs! (PPT file; you can open a PPT in Google Slides - color only)
- Materials to create an anchor chart (BW and color)
- Printable templates for pumpkin affirmation craft. Students will need adult support for craft (for stapling)
- 1 Early finisher/waiting for stapling activity - color by affirmations! (BW)
Q: What grade levels is this for?
A: I teach this in 2nd grade. You could use it In 3rd grade as well.
Q: Do I need extra materials?
A: You'll need scissors, writing utensils, and a stapler.
Q: How long will this take?
A: I did this in a 40-minute block. All students are different.
Q: What do students do while they're waiting for an adult to staple their craft?
A: Color by affirmation! It's included :)
Q: Can I use this in small groups?
Q: Can I use this with individuals?
A: You bet!
Please note: This is a digitally downloadable resource. You will not receive anything in the mail.