Calming Strategies Activity Classroom Guidance Lessons: Coping Skills Centers
What calming strategies can I use? - In these 2 classroom guidance lessons, students will learn more about what calming strategies are and how to use them. Read the included PPT story book to introduce The Feelings Train Conductors, who make great choices for calming the feelings train. Students will practice 8 coping skills or calming strategies by rotating through 8 centers and collecting calming strategy cards for reminders. This lesson is perfect for Kindergarten through second grade classroom guidance lessons.
Digital downloads included:
- detailed lesson plans with objective, outline, materials list, ASCA standards alignment, and suggested data collection
- PPT story book
- Calming strategy cards to collect
- Printables for 8 calming strategy centers:
1. problem solving mazes/tangles
2. controlled breathing with breathing boards
3. zen coloring with train mandalas
4. positive self talk (load your cargo cars with positive self talk)
6. sensory items
7. exercise with dice option and choice board
8. journaling with sentence starters
All printable materials are included in color and black/white printing options. Center labels are included to make center rotations a breeze. Labels include numbered and blank if you want to change the order in which you introduce strategies across 2 lessons.
Guess What! These activities are lessons 6-7 in a self regulation unit for little learners. Get the whole, comprehensive unit here.