Feelings Activity: Talking About Feelings Classroom Guidance Lesson
In this school counseling classroom guidance lesson, students will explore their emotional vocabulary and practice sharing feelings with their peers in a fun feelings activity. During a warm-up activity, students will sort emotion faces into categories of their choosing and discuss the emotions shown. Then, as a whole group, students will be challenged to generate as many emotion words as possible in a movement-based activity. Finally, in small groups, students will place a dice game to share emotions and personal experiences from specific locations. This resource also includes a page for interactive notebook inclusion.
- Detailed, scripted lesson plan (objective, outline, materials list, ASCA standards alignment, suggested data collection, and interactive notebook elements)
- Warm-up activity printables (color and black/white)
- Game printables (color and black/white)
- Interactive notebook page elements
- This lesson is included in the Comprehensive Classroom Guidance Lesson Unit with Interactive Notebook.