Flexible Thinking Classroom Guidance Lesson for School Counseling
In this flexible thinking school counseling classroom guidance lesson, students practice their flexible thinking skills. Begin with a introductory flexible thinking story to introduce the concept of stiff thinking vs flexible thinking. Students participate in a small group flexible thinking challenge to practice seeing things in new ways and being okay with changes to rules. This is perfect for classroom guidance or for a small group counseling thinking strategies lesson for elementary school counseling.
- Detailed, scripted lesson plan (objective, outline, materials list, ASCA standards alignment, suggested data collection, and interactive notebook elements)
- Introductory story (PPT file)
- Flexible thinking challenge cards
- Interactive notebook printables
❗❗If you own the Thinking Strategies Classroom Guidance Lessons: Thinking Strategies Activities, this activity is included in that set. The differences are that this lesson plan is not sports-themed and has an interactive notebook printables.
- This lesson is included in the Comprehensive Classroom Guidance Lesson Unit with Interactive Notebook.