Self Care Classroom Guidance Lesson for School Counseling
In this self care school counseling classroom guidance lesson, students consider things they are currently struggling with and the coping skills they are using to deal with those things. Students evaluate their current coping strategies as healthy or less healthy and then practice self care strategies that will positively impact them when dealing with hard situations. Practice a controlled breathing exercise to introduce students to a healthy self care strategy. This is perfect for classroom guidance or for a small group counseling self care lesson for elementary school counseling.
- Detailed, scripted lesson plan (objective, outline, materials list, ASCA standards alignment, suggested data collection, and interactive notebook elements)
- 2 student self assessments
- Controlled breathing script
- Interactive notebook printables
- This lesson is included in the Comprehensive Classroom Guidance Lesson Unit with Interactive Notebook.