Communication Styles Classroom Guidance Lesson for School Counseling: Assertive Communication
In this school counseling classroom guidance lesson, students learn about assertiveness, passiveness, and aggression in communication styles. Using a weather analogy, students consider their own communication styles and then practice making assertive statements in small groups. This is perfect for classroom guidance or for a small group counseling communication lessons to practice assertive communication.
- Detailed, scripted lesson plan (objective, outline, materials list, ASCA standards alignment, suggested data collection, and interactive notebook elements)
- Student scenario cards in color and black/white
- Student foldable pages in color and black/white
- Interactive notebook printable
- This lesson is included in the Comprehensive Classroom Guidance Lesson Unit with Interactive Notebook.